Folk music played in the Vale of Pewsey at local pubs and events by musicians living in the Vale of Pewsey.
Low carbon footprint, low environmental impact, totally acoustic and hopefully entertaining for the musicians and audience alike. We play mostly English Country dance tunes with some Irish and other tunes we like.
- No solo’s or songs. We play from the session list only.
- Play at an appropriate volume, don’t drown other people out.
- Play at the same speed as the person who started the set. Don’t speed up.
- Take it in turns to take the lead or add an arrangement. Eye contact is key.
- Learn the tunes from the session list so you don’t need the dots and music stands.
- Play the tune. Don’t lose the tune by too many arrangements all at once. No busking!
- New tunes will be added as we go along. Let’s learn some simple tunes and play them well.
- Enjoy and play nicely!